2014 Extension Risk Management Education Competitive Grants Program
Extension Risk Management Education's Northeast Center, in conjunction with the North Central, Southern and Western regional Centers, announces the availability of grant funds and requests the submission of applications. Awards will fund 12-month projects conducted between July 1, 2014 and June 30, 2015. The application process is conducted in two stages:
Stage One of the process requires the completion of a Pre-Proposal – a short application that must be completed online. The Pre-Proposal is due on December 12, 2013.
Stage Two of the process applies only to proposals selected to submit a full application. The information in the Pre-Proposal becomes part of the Full Proposal Application and need not be entered a second time. However, applicants may modify this information based upon comments received from the Reveiw Panel. Finalists chosen to submit a complete application will be selected and notified by January 31, 2014.
How to Apply
- Download and read the Northeast Center's 2014 Request for Applications carefully. Please note that there are several changes in the 2014 RFA and the online application, including new user-based access to the Results Verification System.
- View the Proposal Resources which have been developed to help applicants prepare a successful proposal, and which provide a full explanation for every item requested in both the Pre-Proposal and the Full Proposal applications. Applicants are especially encouraged to utilize the Tutorials which are available for each stage of the process.
- Registration Information: To register, use this link to access the Extension Risk Management Education Results Verification System. Select “Register” and complete the form in order to create a new account. A registration confirmation containing a link back into the system will be sent via email. (If you do not receive the confirmation email within 15 minutes, please check your spam folder.) To complete your registration, visit the enclosed link.
- Login using your email address and password, which will take you to the “My Projects” page. To begin a new Pre-Proposal, select “Start New Application” and then “Northeast ERME” under Active Funding Opportunities.
- Select the appropriate grant category from the 2 options available, and click the green “Start New Application” button. Then follow the Instructions accessible on each page of the application via the orange button.
- Whenever you wish to continue working on your Pre-Proposal, return to the Extension Risk Management Education Results Verification System and login. Your active projects will be listed on the “My Projects” page. You may edit your proposal by clicking on the title or the pencil icon.
Key Deadline and Announcement Dates
- December 12, 2013, 5 p.m. EST - Closing date for Pre-Proposal submission.
- January 31, 2014 - Finalists are selected and invited to submit a Full Proposal.
- February 27, 2014, 5 p.m. EST - Finalists’ Full Proposal applications with required materials are due.
- May 1, 2014 - Award decisions are announced.
- July 1, 2014 - Award contracts are finalized and period of performance begins.