2013 Extension Risk Management Education Competitive Grants Program
The Northeast Center for Risk Management Education (Northeast Center), in conjunction with the North Central, Southern and Western regional Centers, announces the availability of grant funds and requests the submission of applications. Awards will fund 12-month projects conducted between July 1, 2013 and June 30, 2014. The application process is conducted in two stages:
Stage One of the process requires the completion of a Pre-Proposal – a short application that must be completed online. The Pre-Proposal is due on December 12, 2012.
Stage Two of the process applies only to proposals selected to submit a full application. The information in the Pre-Proposal becomes part of the Full Proposal Application and need not be entered a second time. However, applicants may modify this information based upon comments received from the Reveiw Panel. Finalists chosen to submit a complete application will be selected and notified by February 1, 2013.
How to Apply
- Download and read the Northeast Center's 2013 Request for Applications carefully. Please note that there are several changes in the 2013 RFA and online application.
- View the Proposal Resources available through the online application website. These resources have been developed to help applicants prepare a successful proposal, and provide a full explanation for every item requested in both the Pre-Proposal and the Full Proposal applications. Applicants are especially encouraged to utilize the Tutorials which are available for each stage of the process.
- Registration Information: To register, use this link to access the Extension Risk Management Education Results Verification System. Please bookmark this website for future reference. Select New Grant Proposals/Pre-Proposals/Registration.
- Project Number and Password: After you submit your registration information, you will be e-mailed a Project Number and the Password you selected in the registration process. (If you do not receive a direct e-mail within 15 minutes of registering, please check your spam folder, as messages may be sent to that folder dependent upon your security filter.) Be sure to store these in a safe place as they will be needed each time you enter the system to work on your Pre-Proposal (as well as to access your Full Proposal Application if you are selected as a finalist, and Project Reporting if your proposal is ultimately funded).
- Pre-Proposal and Full Proposal Login: Return to the Extension Risk Management Education Results Verification System website; select New Grant Proposals/Pre-Proposals/Registration; log in using your new project number and password.
Until you click "Submit", you may return to the application website as many times as you wish to continue entering or editing your Proposal. You will need the Project Number and Password each time to access your application.
Key Deadline and Announcement Dates
- December 12, 2012, 5 p.m. EST - Closing date for Pre-Proposal submission.
- February 1, 2013 - Finalists are selected and invited to submit a Full Proposal.
- February 28, 2013, 5 p.m. EST - Finalists’ Full Proposal applications with required materials are due.
- May 1, 2013 - Award decisions are announced.
- July 1, 2013 - Award contracts are finalized and period of performance begins.